Volunteer with SafeRide America
Join the SafeRide America Volunteer Community – Empowering Safer Roads Together
At SafeRide America, volunteers are the heartbeat of our mission to proactively prevent impaired driving and create safer roadways for all. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we rely on the compassionate dedication of volunteers like you, seven days a week. Whether you prefer daytime, evening, or weekend commitments, we offer a range of fulfilling opportunities, both driving and non-driving.
We embrace a non-judgmental and inclusive environment, warmly welcoming individuals from all walks of life. No matter your circumstance or situation, we are grateful for your unique contributions. Your time and effort make a meaningful impact, helping us protect lives and build a stronger community.
By joining our volunteer community, you become part of a collective force committed to making a difference. Together, we can inspire responsible choices, ensure safer journeys, and create a positive impact that resonates far beyond the road.
We sincerely appreciate you and the value you bring. Come join us and help shape a future where safety knows no bounds. Together, let’s empower safer roads and foster a welcoming community that thrives on compassion and unity.
Complete Community Service
Over 1000 people every year complete their community service with SafeRide America. We work with students needing to complete volunteer hours to graduate. We work with every major court jurisdiction in Georgia and most jurisdictions nationwide to offer court appointed community service hours. We also help 100’s of criminal defense attorney clients complete volunteer hours as a part of pre-trial preparation and strategy.
Available Volunteer Opportunities
Chase Driver – Join the Heartbeat of SafeRide America
Become a Chase Driver, one of our most sought-after volunteer roles. It’s a simple concept that makes a powerful impact. Here’s how it works:
- Partner Up: At the start of each shift, you’ll be paired with a professional SafeRide driver. Together, you’ll form a dynamic duo dedicated to ensuring safe journeys.
- Teamwork in Action: Requests for our SafeRide service come through your partner’s smartphone driver application. You’ll drive your partner to the pickup location, working seamlessly as a team.
- Safety First: When you arrive at the pickup location, your partner will get into the impaired person’s car. They’ll be responsible for driving both the car and the individual safely home. Rest assured, no one except your partner will ever ride in your car.
- Your Vital Role: As the Chase Car, you play a critical role in ensuring safety. You’ll follow behind your partner’s car throughout the journey, maintaining a watchful eye and providing support if needed.
Join us as a Chase Driver and experience the fulfillment of safeguarding lives, one journey at a time. Together, let’s drive towards a safer future for all.
Requirements For Driving Volunteer Opportunities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver license or temporary permit
- Must have a clean, safe reliable car with working charging ports
- Must be able to work an entire shift (No partial shifts)
- Must have a smartphone with GPS
- Must begin your shift with a full tank of gas (SafeRide does not pay for fuel)
Other Non-driving Volunteer Opportunities
SafeRide offers many other types of volunteer opportunities such as;
- Public and private events- private parties, beer festival, sporting events, concerts, etc.
- Dispatch phone assistant
- General clean up – litter pick up, sweeping, washing windows, etc.
- Outdoor landscaping – pulling weeds, digging holes, lawn maintenance
- Awareness campaigns, public outreach, fundraising
- Create Your Own – offer your professional services like web design, social media, photography/video, construction trades, handyman services, auto mechanic, etc.
The SafeRide online Volunteer Portal will allow you to manage your entire volunteer experience with us, including;
- See the volunteer opportunities schedule for the next 2 weeks
- Sign yourself up for shifts
- Remove yourself from a shift
- Check your completed hours and schedule
- Utilize the waitlist tool for spots you would like that have been taken
Get Started NOW
Click here to sign up and get started right away.
After submitting the online form, you will immediately receive a confirmation email that provides a link to access our online volunteer portal.
Some volunteers may need a completion letter on our letterhead to submit to the court or to probation. To request a completion letter, submit the Completion Letter Request Form by clicking here or click the link in the Quick Links section at the bottom of every page on our website. A small service fee for your completion letter is required. Thank you for choosing SafeRide America!