Volunteer with SafeRide America
Volunteers are the driving force behind the SafeRide America mission to proactively prevent impaired driving. As a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization, we need volunteer help seven days a week. We offer opportunities during the day, at night and on weekends that include, both, driving and non-driving options. Join us in our fight to make the roadways safe for everyone.
We are non-judgmental and warmly welcome anyone. We are happy and grateful to work with anyone’s circumstance or situation. We appreciate you!
Over 1000 people every year complete their community service with SafeRide America. We work with students needing to complete volunteer hours to graduate. We work with every major court jurisdiction in Georgia and most jurisdictions nationwide to offer court appointed community service hours. We also help 100’s of criminal defense attorney clients complete volunteer hours as a part of pre-trial preparation and strategy.
Available Volunteer Opportunity Job Descriptions
Chase Driver- This is our most requested volunteer assignment. Using your car, you will be partnered with a professional SafeRide driver at the beginning of each shift. Requests for our SafeRide service are received by your partner through a driver application on their smartphone. You will drive your partner to the pickup location and upon arrival your partner gets into their car with them and drives both car and impaired person safely home while you follow behind as the chase car. No one ever rides in your car except your partner! We are not a taxi and do not provide rideshare.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver license or temporary permit
- Must have a clean, safe reliable car with working charging ports
- Must be able to work an entire shift (No partial shifts)
- Must have a smartphone with GPS
- Must begin your shift with a full tank of gas (SafeRide does not pay for fuel)
- Must be willing to comply with COVID safety procedure
Other Volunteer Opportunities
SafeRide offers many other types of volunteer opportunities such as;
- Lead driver – if qualified, help drive impaired peoples car for them
- Public and private events- private parties, beer festival, sporting events, concerts, etc.
- Grocery delivery to those affected by COVID
- Dispatch phone assistant
- General clean up – litter pick up, sweeping, washing windows, etc.
- Outdoor landscaping – pulling weeds, digging holes, lawn maintenance
- Awareness campaigns, public outreach, fundraising
- Create Your Own – offer your professional services like web design, social media, photography/video, construction trades, handyman services, auto mechanic, etc.
The SafeRide online Volunteer Portal will allow you to manage your entire volunteer experience with us, including;
- See the volunteer opportunities schedule for the next 1-2 weeks
- Sign yourself up for shifts
- Remove yourself from a shift
- Check your completed hours and schedule
- Utilize the waitlist tool for spots you would like that have been taken
Get Started NOW
Click the orange and blue “VOLUNTEER” button below to sign up, get more information and get started right away.
After submitting the online form, you will immediately receive a confirmation email that provides instructions and login credential to access our online volunteer portal.
Thank you for choosing SafeRide America!